The 2018 Grand National is being run on Saturday 14th April at 5.15pm, and there are some bookies offering free bets today. They are as follows…….
Grand National Free Bets
- Betfair – £100 Free Bets Bundle On Grand National And Aintree Festival – New customers offer. Place 5 x €10 or more bets to receive €20 in free bets. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. 18+|Gamble Aware
- Coral Bet £5 Get £5 Grand National Offer – 18+. UK+IRE only. Min deposit £5. Certain payment methods and cashout excluded. Min first bet £5. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. Free bet credited upon placement of qualifying bet, valid for 24 hours. Free bet stake not returned. T&Cs Apply.
- Ladbrokes – Bet £5 Get £5 Grand National Offer – UK+IRE only. Min deposit £5. Certain payment methods and cashout excluded. Min first bet £5. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. Free bet credited upon placement of qualifying bet, valid for 24 hours. Free bet stake not returned. T&Cs Apply
- Paddy Power 2 horse for the price of 1 Grand National Offer – New Customer offer, place a single Sportsbook bet up to €10 on the Aintree and get a free bet matching your stake (up to €10). Free bet stakes not returned with winnings. Full T&Cs Apply. 18+|Gamble Aware
- Open A William Hill Account Here For Their ‘Bet £10 Get £5 Grand National’ Offer – New customers only. Minimum €/£10 win or each way. Free bet from 9am Sun 15th April. (4 day expiry) Free bet, currency and payment method restrictions apply. Full terms apply.
- 6 Each-Way Places on the Grand National from Boylesports – plus up to £25 in free bets for new customers
- Deposit £40 Play with £100 – Betbright Grand National New Customers Offer
6 Each-Way Places On Grand National
- Betvictor – 6 Each-Way Places On Grand National – New and Existing Customers Only. 18+. T&Cs Apply.
Despite the title of the page, unfortunately, there aren’t too many bookmakers who offer a free bet on the Grand National, a lot either amend it, or even withdraw it all together. As you can see above though, there are some bookies still prepared to give some good value on the big race.
The Grand National is one of the biggest betting events of the year, so this could be the ideal time to try out Profit Maximiser. This is a betting service that makes risk free money from money back offers, and sign up offers, so after you’ve had your Grand National bet, take a look at Profit Maximiser and see how much money it can make for you.
Grand National Offers For Existing Customers
These offers will be added as they become live in the build up to the big race.
Why do bookies withdraw their Grand National Free Bets?
Most casual punters will have a bet on the Grand National, whether there is a free bet or not. So the bookmakers all know that there is no need to offer any free bets.
The odd bookmaker may well offer us a Grand National incentive to try and get us to use them, Paddy Power are good for those sort of things (ie, an extra place in the Each-Way betting). It is my experience though, that a lot of bookmakers withdraw free bet during the week before the big race.
There is a way around this though, as there are ways to place a free bet on the Grand National. To put it another way, there is an opportunity to have a Grand National Free Bet.
Simply find a bookmaker who offers a new customers free bet that is valid for 30 days from the day you open your new account, and about two weeks before the Grand National, open the account. Timing it in this way will ensure that the the new customers free bet hasn’t been removed ahead of the Grand National, and you will also have time to place and settle your qualifying bet.
This will then ensure that you will have your free bet sitting in your account ready to place on the Grand National.
The reason why bookmakers remove their free bet offers on the day – or the build up as well in some cases – is because they know that it is a day when the general non gambling public will place a bet, and they want to maximise the amount of money they can take on the big race. And in fairness to the bookies, why should the once a year gamblers be able to use a free bet!
Grand National Extra Each Way Places
To steal a march on their rivals some bookmakers will offer extra each-way places. Some bookmakers will offer 5 Each-Way Grand National Places, and the odd one might even offer 6 Each-Way Places On The Grand National.